Re: Q re daemons

On Thursday 23 November 2006 21:09, Matthew Miller wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 09:05:00PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >From unknown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thu Nov 23 21:00:09 2006

>> Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
>
>I dunno what's doing it, but that's the output from sa-learn, the
> program which trains spamassassin's bayesian filter.

Yes, I finally grokked on that, and the real problem was that there was
not a stopper filter at the bottom of my filter list in kmail, so
anything that wasn't caught by the rest of the filters fell on through to
the sa-learn filter pair.

Got that fixed, so the messages survived and were identifiable.  It turns
out that half of them were from the sa1 function in systats, but systats
was NOT installed.  The other half of them were from mrtg, which was also
NOT installed.  Installing sysstats fixed the first one, installing and
then removing mrtg fixed that.  So I finally have some peace.

And the list has a record of the travails of a clean install that somehow
wasn't all that clean.  Missing files, extra files, you name it, its been
quite a trip so far.  But hopefully, the end is in sight.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)