Re: Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs

On Saturday 25 November 2006 17:38, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, grumpy wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > It won't go anywhere because micro$ux would have to release their source
> > code to prove infringement
>
> You are thinking copyright. If there is a _patent_ violation all they
> would need to do is point to the patent - they are public documents (they
> have to be, with a few specific exceptions such as where the government
> can premptively classify a patent for national security reasons).
>
> They don't even have to be using the patent for anything. They most
> certainly would not have to release any source code.
you still have to prove infringement you can't just say joe blow software is
infringing on my patent the judge says How? you say they just are we have a
patent. the judge says and how does that infringe on your patent?
This is a road that micro$ux will not take to the bitter end