Re: glibc

On 25Nov2006 19:23, Markku Kolkka <markkuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| eng.waleed kirjoitti viestiss??n (l?hetysaika lauantai, 25.
| marraskuuta 2006 16:55):
| > my http server hanged many times last time and when I check
| > the logs I found this line what I have to do *** glibc
| > detected *** double free or corruption
|
| Find out which program has the "double free or corruption" error
| in its memory handling, and fix it.

This isn't very helpful. If it's the web server itself then it's
probably far too complex to fix the code as an outsider.

It is worth figuring out which program is involved. If the web server is
hanging them it may well be the web server, or a module within it.

Is your web server up to date? If so, have you recently added a module to it,
or made another configuration change just before the time the hangs
started?

What state is the web server in when "hung"? Is it CPU-bound and
spinning? ("top" will show this.) Is it locked up (using no CPU,
and not answering requests)?

Do incoming connections connect and never answer, or are the connections
refused?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

When a man rides a Motorader he stays forever young.    - German saying