Re: No image thumbnail images in konqueror

On Saturday 25 November 2006 19:07, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 18:13 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > The button on the right (photobook) shows all the images to the right
> > > and a larger preview window to the left (both in the right konq pane)
> > > but I only see the preview for the image I click on in the preview
> > > window - no thumbnail images.
> > >
> > > I used to run SuSE and I would see the thumbnail images in the
> > > photobook view as well as in the icon view (the left button).
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to enable this?
> >
> > In kde - Control Center > Desktop > Behavior > File Icons.
> >
> > There is a size limit, though, on the display.  It can be changed, but I
> > can't remember where.
> >
> > I don't know gnome, sorry.
>
> ----
> when we are talking about konqueror, we are talking about kde

True - kde has to be installed, but he doesn't have to be using its desktop.

> I didn't realize that there was a difference between photobook and
> thumbnail view but I do now and yes, there doesn't seem to be any option
> in kde/konqueror for a thumbnail view at all.

How odd - when I use it all the time.  Have you actually tried what I
suggested?  I repeat, there is a size limit in the default settings, though
I'm not sure what it is.  Something like 300MB, IIRC, though somewhere along
the line I managed to configure mine to show 500MB+.

> this seems to work for me...
>
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2004-Apr/0020.html

It should.  It brings up the same options as the screen I pointed to.  It
does, however, tell you where to change the maximum size.  I also like to
enable the 'increase size of preview relative to icons' as this makes finding
what you want very much quicker.

Anne