Re: CD mount issues

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 10:58 -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> I recently installed FC5. When I first installed, if I inserted a CD I got a
> KDE dialog asking if I wanted to open in a new window, do nothing, etc. I
> also got a CD icon on my desktop once I inserted a CD.
>
> Now after several rounds of updates and installing additional software none of
> this works. I tried to manually set it up by adding the icon myself and
> pointing it to /dev/scd0
>
> then I added this to my /etc/fstab (I'm not sure if these options are
> correct/appropriate)
>
> /dev/scd0      /media/cdrecorder
> auto,fs=cdfss,procuid,nosuid,users,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
> Now if I insert a CD I still dont get the KDE dialog but I also get "Only root
> can mount /dev/scd0" if I click on my CD desktop icon.
>

> Any Ideas how to get the original behavior back?
----
clearly not with that entry in fstab

device control is handled by udev and it should be automatic.

Remember that audio CD's don't do a normal 'mount' - I don't know about
DVD's

If you insert a data CD and it doesn't automatically mount,
check /var/log/messages & dmesg for clues on why it isn't working.

Craig