Re: Dual Head with FC6 on Intel GMA 950

Guido Leisker a écrit :
Dear all.

I am trying to get my Intel GMA 950 - which is in a Thinkpad T60 - running under
Fedora Core 6.
The Thinkpad-Display worked out of the box. Even the Desktop Effects are running
well. But now I have wobbling windows and a Cube of workspaces, but dual head is
still not running.

Trying to tell Fedora to start with both screens (the TFT of the Thinkpad and a
extern Benq FP 767 plugged to the Docking) by using system-config-display does
not  help. FC starts, like I didn't do anything, with only the LCD of the
notebook.

Unfortunately I do not know what a V-Bios is, or what it does mean to Enabling
LVDS directly. Pipe B..

Don't know too!

Has anyone any idea? May be some hints, a link to a good wiki, some working
xorg.confs?

Here is my xorg.conf:
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/4573

What I don't understand in your xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
 You do not indicate HorizSync nor VertRefresh frequencies

Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier should be: "Multihead layout"

 You should add:
 Option         "Xinerama" "on"

Section "Device"
You write: BusID  "PCI:0:2:0"

and in your log file it is noted that BusID is PCI:0:2:1? You can confirm this using lspci and write:

BusID  "PCI:0:2:1:" (note the trailing ":")

Hope this help.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique