Re: NetworkManager not able to connect to simple WEP protected AP

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 19:04 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am unable to connect my computer (wireless card ipw3945) to a simple
> WEP enabled AP when running NetworkManager.
>
> The wireless card works fine as I am able to connect by manually
> starting the network. (if config eth1 up, iwconfig ...)
>
> And NetworkManager keeps repeatedly asking for the WEP key...
>
> any ideas, thanks
>
>     --thomas

Assuming the init.d network script is not running and the NetworkManager
and NetworkMangerDispatcher is nm-applet should be started with an icon
in the upper left corner of the panel (in FC6). Click on that icon and
chose the AP you want to connect to. The first time a WEP key should be
asked for in  the dialog.

Have you tried that connection method.I am seeing these messages in the
log:

I never cheated an honest man, only rascals. They wanted something for
nothing. I gave them nothing for something. -- Joseph "Yellow Kid" Weil