Re: Totem setup ??

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 15:29 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 22:44 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > If the DSL setting is wrong how do I determine if its 128, 384 or 512
> > KPS?
>
> You don't know what plan that you're paying for with your ISP?  For a
> non-technical approach, compare your bill with the plans they advertise.
> For a technical approach, look at the configuration of your modem (read
> it's manual for how to do so).

I know.  Me and my cable company have not been friends for a long time.
I have Rogers cable Lite Hi Speed Internet service.  Their brochures
claim 1 MBps.  I have never seen anything remotely close to that.

In any case, it now appears that using 512 DSL should work.  But totem
is still not playing any videos even after everything remotely connected
to gstreamer has been downloaded.  I am not usually a media type so
anything connected to video, pictures, audio or sound is a struggle for
me.

--
Regards Bill