Re: New to Fedora, struggling with wireless

> On 23/11/06, Cecilia Lunardini <cecilialunardini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So, my question is: is there a step by step, guide on
> > how to set up the wireless?  It has to be very
> > detailed, because I am an absolute beginner and even
> > the most obvious aspects of Linux are not obvious to
> > me.
>
> Cecilia,
>
> Try this guide (for Fedora Core 6) and see if you can follow it
> through (I think the only missing element from a Fedora installation
> to get Centrino wireless working is the Intel firmware that needs to
> be downloaded):
>
> http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml
>
> Nick

The Clemson instructions are very good and step by step.  Take a few minutes
to read over all of it to get an idea of what you're in for, because it's
very detailed.  There are several steps you need to do before you can simply
check for the detection of the card.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/detail_desc.aspx?Product
ID=1847&DwnldID=11780&agr=Y

Also provides updated source for a driver and the latest Intel firmware.  I
found both of these links to be useful when trying to get an Intel card to
work.

It can indeed be done, although it is not trivial to do.

Erik