Re: why is xinetd not installed by default in FC6?

Paul Johnson wrote:

And then in /etc/hosts.allow, I allow in only specific services and

Now in FC6 I notice that xinetd is not installed and so these host
files have no effect.

That's not strictly true, they'll still affect any program built with tcpwrappers support, regardless of whether xinetd.d is installed or not.

--
Ian Chapman.