Re: Image composition Q

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 01:30, Craig White wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 22:20 -0800, Peter Gordon wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 00:59 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > Do we have such a tool that can write text and manipulate its size
>> > and position and then save in a png/jpg/etc image format capable of
>> > being loaded into 4L-gui?  I want to write cd/dvd labels.
>>
>> Inkscape will let you draw and manipulate text in the image (natively
>> vector format) and exports to PNG (File --> "Export Bitmap...")
>>
>> Would this be suitable?
>
>----
>both scribus and inkscape are excellent suggestions and I would add one
>other one...how about OpenOffice => New => Drawing

I considered that but wasn't sure about its text tool.  It would be rather
cool if the text in this case could be laid out in one continuous spiral
line, one could put a lot of info on a lightscribe disk that way. I know
we have several utils for generating disk labels, possibly one of those
could do the text in circle, and be co-erced into exporting a bitmap of
some kind?

Frankly, I'm not much of an artist with drawing tools & need all the help
I can get, but I suspect everybody knows that just from the question. :)

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)