Re: Pirut

Linalyst wrote:
Each time when I am using Priut it is overwriting certain programms and
files even though I am deselecting these programms.

I am using FC5 and KDE 2.6.
Does anybody know how to prevent this? I looked for Pirut config files, but
I did not find any...

Thanks!

The programs that you de-select might be dependent upon the other packages being installed. If that is the case, during dep resolving the additional packages will be pulled in also.

However, if the packages you are not selecting are pulled in and do not depend upon the other packages, adding the exclusions to yum configuration files should prevent them from being shown or downloaded.

I don't see a problem on my end with either FC6 or development for non-selected packages. File a bug report or attach to an open report if there is a real problem.

Jim

--
The biggest mistake you can make is to believe that you are working for
someone else.