Re: FC 6 issues

Tony and Jim, thanks for your replies.

I will have to reinstall the FC 6 (since it exist no more on my hardisk).

Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>1. First it failed to discover my Dell FP 2001 monitor and G 400 video
>>card and assume head less install.

>Probably this can be worked around with some poking. Possibly the
>other-mode install than you used will help (Text vs. Graphics mode).

Tony, I don't understand what you mean.

>>2. ... last thing it said was diabling XEN buffers and after that my
>>machine froos

>You probably clicked on the "Virtualization" button. It should probably
>have "Xen" in the name, and Anaconda should warn before installing that
>additional work will be needed to boot the machine.

Since, FC 6 selected text install, there was no button to click. I do not remmeber checking box next to Xen.

Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1. First it failed to discover my Dell FP 2001 monitor and G 400 video
>> card and assume head less install.

> The second choice is to install with 'linux xdriver=vesa' though the entry will
> also be in the xorg.conf of the installed system. Before the fix, that is what we
> would have had to resort to using. After the install, you could take care of
> the issue.

I guess, I can install, FC 6, boot my machine with FC 4 kernel or 2.6.14.2 which I have built and mount FC 6 / as root. Than copy xorg.conf file.

Do you think this will work ?