Re: Spamassassin / spamd

From: "J.L. Coenders" <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
----- Original Message ----- Dear list,

I am trying to use spamassassin as a spamfilter with kmail. I have found some information that it is possible to run spamassassin as a daemon with spamd. Does anyone know a good source of information where I can read up on configuration of spamassassin for client use and running spamd to speed up the process?

I have trained spamassassin using the default configuration with about 1700 mails, but still it does not seem to work wel. ----- /Original Message -----
Jeroen, there is a SpamAssassin users list that is your friend. (It
is also rather busy of late with up to 100 mails a day.)

http://www.rulesemporium.com/ is another best friend. They are a
collection of SpamAssassin rules ninjas who write packages of rules
for various needs. Visit the site, read the rule set descriptions
carefully, and install what seems to fit your needs.

"service spamd start" gets SpamAssassin's daemon mode running. Then
in the scripts that call "spamassassin" change that to "spamc". There
are some gotchas about how spamd is run which can affect how rules
are handled. A good read through the man files (lots of them) and
the somewhat disorganized SpamAssassin wiki can help with this.
(http://www.spamassassin.org/ has a wiki link.) For man you are not
stuck with only the "spamassassin", "spamd", and "spamc" entries.
man Mail::SpamAssassin is also fruitful and points to other gems
like Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

{^_^}