Re: X-Server rebooting when closing laptop-lid

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
Hello,

Each time i close the lid of the laptop, X reboots and i find my self
after opening on the loginscreen again.

i found the following:

dmesg: video bus notify

messages: gnome-power-manager: Using DPMS to power off display, as the lid
has been closed whilst been connected to a power supply (sorry for
traduction, its original in german)

Any idea?

It's probably being caused by an ACPI generated event when you close the lid. Try stopping the acpid process and see if it still does it:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/acpid stop

If this service is not running though, you probably won't be able to poweroff by simply pressing the power button (if you use that method), so have a look in /etc/acpi at the config files to see if there's an event to handle the lid closing and comment it out.

Lastly, the events might be being handled directly by the gnome-power-manager, so check your settings for that. I'm not familiar enough with gnome to say where to look :)

--
Ian Chapman.