Re: Unknown symbol in module

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 08:31 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 20 November 2006 08:09, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >On Monday 20 November 2006 12:46, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Now if logrotate would work...  Its not. See my other post.
> >
> >Well, for all the logs that I would expect to rotate, I have files dated
> >5.11.06, 12.11.06, 19.11.06 and 20.11.06.
> >
> >Yet another peculiarity of your install, Gene.
> >
> >Anne
>
> I *may* be on the track of it, following Ricks advice I ran it from a
> shell, and discovered the whole thing died on not finding a user 'named',
> and I do not have bind installed.  So I'll do that but set the service to
> off. nscd is running and thats should be enough.
>
> As to this being a bugzilla-able item, dunno.  It seems to me that it
> should be bind that installs this particular script, not logrotate's rpm.
>
> After installing bind, the user named is in the passwd file, and it runs.
> This to me is a bugzilla-able packaging problem.

I double-dog dare you to file a bugzilla on this <howls with glee> after
you mention in passing that you restored the root directory from an FC2
install to FC6. I'm laughing with you Gene, laughing WITH you as my damn
KDE desktop keeps winking error messages at me, that I have not figured
out yet, whenever I pass the mouse over an icon (!), from restoring an
FC5 /root to FC6. My bad, I just HAD to do it all at once, you see. Ring
any bells?? I can imagine Rahual chewing his arm off, so he doesn't have
to touch the keyboard on that bug report! <howls with anticipatory glee
at the notion>

<benediction> Go forth and sin no more! <benediction/>

Another fellow sinner running as root! THERE! I'm OUT OF THE CLOSET!!
Someone just kill me, now. Ric