Re: xen versus non-xen lm_sensors oddity

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 12:35 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> The Biostar monitor program in Windows seems to think 1.36 is a fine
> value for VCore, and I think that's what the voltage really is.

I have similar results on my PCs.  The BIOS, which is custom for the
motherboard, shows correct values.  The Windows client, which is custom
for the motherboard, shows correct values.  But lm_sensors, which has no
customisations for my boards, shows wrong values.  It needs calibrating,
but I've never seen anything demonstrating how to do that correctly.

At one stage, I have run through the board with a multimeter, and
determined that the BIOS does show fairly accurate readings (hot, cold,
or warm).

I read messages from the public lists.