Re: [FC5] Intel Webcam how to?

At 6:28 PM +0800 11/19/06, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
>> First link found on google:
>> http://spca50x.sourceforge.net/spca50x.php?page=cams
>>
>> Get vendor and product ID with /sbin/lsusb and check if you find them in the
>> list, or here http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html.
>> If you find them, get gspca1 package at http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html
>> or the rpm at http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/gspca/ (gspca1-kmdl-your-kernel)
>> so, if you kernel is up2date, here is the rpm
>>
>>http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/gspca/gspcav1-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5-1.00.04-2.fc5.at.i686.rpm.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alain
>
>Thanks for the proper guidance.
>
>This is my first time to setup the webcam in linux. So far I have
>updated kernel and able to install the pacakages from rpm. It is
>working (checked with kopete).
>My camera have a video input and I can choose the source (either cam
>or from input) in windows machine. But I am not able to find how to do
>this here in FC5. Kopete setting shows  me only one input. Is there a
>way to do this?
>My purpose for this is I am getting the output from my TV so that I
>can watch some news right here in my desktop through VLC.
>
>Thanks all for the suggestions!

IME working on MacOS USB camera drivers, such settings were
vendor-specific.  If you can get the attention of the driver's developer,
and you are willing to work with them, they may be able to add that
setting.  Possibly you would need to provide them with a camera (your
camera, most likely).  Often the simplest way to find what the setting is,
is to disassemble the MSWindows driver (hint: really really hard).
Sometimes it is obvious from the USB info for the camera, as an alternate
setting, but usually not.  Occasionally the camera manufacturer has a data
sheet, or, even more occasionally, will answer such questions.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>