Re: Fonts on FC6

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:54:28 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:25:57 -0700
> Kevin Kempter <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > However when I start openoffice I dont see the new fonts.  Any thoughts? Did I
> > miss a step?
>
> You used to be able to install fonts with the spadmin program that comes with
> OpenOffice, but I don't see the add fonts button on that screen any more.  I
> wonder where it went.
>
> My fonts are still present in OpenOffice, though.  Try putting your fonts into
> ~/.fonts as I originally suggested and see if it works.

You could also try putting symbolic links to your fonts in
~/.openoffice.org2.0/user/fonts.  Maybe that will work.

Does anyone know where the "add fonts" button in spadmin has gone?  I'll swear
that it used to be right there near the bottom of the window.  I'm not entirely
sure of exactly what it did, though it may have simply created symbolic links
in ~/.openoffice.org2.0/user/fonts as I suggest here, in which case I suppose
it's not a great loss.