Re: kwallet vs kmail, will somebody please shoot one of them?

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 11:43 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 08:53, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > >Gene, I gotta agree... creating a new user takes less than a minute or
> > >so. login as him, see if you have the same problems. I bet you don't.
> > >You and I commit the same sin, I'm in as root a lot. So, with /root
> > >really as your user and you have some pretty old config files... therein
> > >may lie the problem. Some sort of conflict. wallet runs just fine for
> > >me. I've had other problems, but that one wasn't one of them. FYI, Ric
> >
> > Unforch, it would take me several hours to recreate just the kmail
> > accounts and all the filters to make it functional.  At 3:53am my time
> > thats not going to happen.
> >
> You don't need to do all that try test it out.  Just note down the settings
> for one single account, set that up, copy the appropriate mail directory from
> your old /home to the new user's /home, then see where that gets you.  If you
> do still have the problems, then you definitely have inserted something
> that's causing you system problems.
---
it's important to keep in mind that he is after all, running as root and
has acknowledged a proclivity to shoot himself in the foot...

# I did not do this as root but as user...

$ cd ~/.kde

$ cat share/config/kwalletrc
[Wallet]
Close When Idle=false