Re: upgrading to Fc6

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 17:38 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Scott Berry writes:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > Is there a way as in Debian to upgrade to Fc6 or do you have to use the
> > cd-rom or dvd disks?
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution
>
> Under "How to get Fedora", read "Use a network install", or the next option
> below it.
>
> But, as a wiki says, this is not a reliable installation method.

I agree with that. I tried a net upgrade from FC4 to FC5 and stuff blew
up all over the place. It's not a ready-for-primetime procedure, unless
you like hanging-ten at the very extreme bleeding edge ...and really
really know what to do when it hits the crapper when yum chokes as your
cat decides to spray your RJ-45 junction on the wall and you're past
half way into the procedure at the point of no return.

Just one little blip on the line... just one. It blows up REAL GOOD!
Some folks have survived without a scratch. Biblically, I call them
Blessed. It does remain your decision to do so or not. <evil cackles>
Me? I got the CD's. Ric