Re: Glxgears -- can this be true?

From: "Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734@xxxxxxx> With a radeon 9200 AGP card and FC6 + rawhide I was getting a smidgen over 200 FPS with glxgears and then I put Option "EnablePageFlip" "true" in xorg.conf and glxgears shot up to a consistent 2238 FPS. Is this possible or am I getting bogus readings? Is there a better benchmark for 3D performance?

ID games have demos (can run in timedemo (runs game faster if possible) mode, too):
Quake 3 Arena
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Enemy Territory (free game)
Doom III
Quake IV

Or Some Epic games:
Unreal Tournament 2003/4

Google Earth can be pretty intensive if you turn up the 3D options. (free version avail).

GLXgears has almost no geometry and a whole lack of shaders and no NPC AI.
It is a good, quick test to see if yer 3D is operational, but a terrible test of performance.

Stephen