SMB Printing issues

My wife has a nice Canon BJC3000 hooked up to her Windows ME box that I have
finally gotten connected to my Fedora Core 6 box. However, I've got one small
issue -- I have to power-cycle the printer between print jobs, or else the
print jobs will never get printed. According to the nice GUI on the Windows
machine, the print jobs are sent to the printer, they just don't get printed.
However, if I power-cycle the printer between print jobs, it works fine.

I don't have this problem from the Windows side of things, so I have to
believe that it's a problem with the linux printing system.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?
	Thanks
	John