Re: Radeon driver on FC6 x86_64 working (against monumental odds, :-) !

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:48:41 -0700
"David G. Miller" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm kind of curious what characteristics of your system made life so
> difficult for you.

I am too. On FC5, there are almost never any problems with the same
hardware, and the monitor reports it is being fed the same frequency
signal, yet things go to heck on Fedora Core 6.

The monitor is indeed a bit out of the ordinary. I'm using a Westinghouse
LVM-42w2 HDTV monitor for my computer (driving it at 1920x1080) as well
as TV, dvd, etc.

Windows XP (also on the same hardware) doesn't (according to the monitor
status report) drive it at as high a frequency, and Windows also has very
few flickering problems, thus my quest to force X to use my modeline :-).

The info on my system can be found here:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/zooty/zooty.html