Re: Feeling real grumpy !

<quote who="William Case">
> Hi Anne;
>
> That is why I am spending so much time on this.
>
> On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 21:56 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Tuesday 14 November 2006 19:49, William Case wrote:
>> >
>> > If it is a driver locking problem, then there can be an expectation
>> that
>> > it is being worked on.  Buying a new video card is a $200 - $300
>> > solution,
>>
>> That depends on your expectations.  You wil get a video card for a
>> fraction of
>> that, that will way out-do your ancient one.  My local vendor offers a
>> choice
>> of PCI card, ATi AGP card or NVidia AGP card, all from £20ish, and both
>> of
>> the AGP cards have 128MB memory.
>>
>> Anne
>
> My present ATI Rage is a PCI, AGP with 128 MB of memory.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139150

Less than $40.00 including shipping.  Not bad and it will still out
perform your Rage.  Of course that is 32mb of RAM.  If you need 128mb you
could go with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102696

For $45.00 including shipping. Need more power?  You could go with a 256mb
PCI card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814241020

All of that for $65.00.  What a deal!  There, all your card research is
done for you.  :)  And who says we are not friendly and responsive?

believed to be clean.