Re: strange messages to root, possibly SA related?

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 12:30, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Oh yeah?  That file DID NOT exist until I ran kcron yesterday morning
>> to generate some scheduled work for root.
>
>You don't need to yell at me, Gene.  I did a clean install, just like
>you, and my /etc/crontab looks the way it should.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that was the equ of yelling.

>> In fact, kcron crashed the first
>> 2-3 times I ran it because it was missing.  I finally touched it, and
>> this was then written by kcron:
>
>kcron wrote the same contents as the default crontab?

I tried to look at it with vim, and less, it was empty in vim (which also
claimed it was a new file) so I quit, less said it didn't exist, so I
touched it.  And when I was done with kcron, it apparently wrote what you
saw, I did not edit it, I just included it in my message.

Does the default /etc/crontab claim it was written with kcron?  This one
did as you saw, but clipped from your reply.  I really don't know, hence
the seemingly stupid question.

Thanks Gordon.

--
Cheers, Gene