Re: FC6 copy/paste from mouse?

David G. Miller wrote:
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bob Goodwin írta:
>>
>> I've reformatted/installed FC6 on this
>>                                computer and can no longer copy and
>> paste in a terminal window by means of >> simply highlighting and pressing >> button 3.
>>
>>                                How can I restore that function?
>>
>>                                Thanks.
>>
>>                                Bob Goodwwin
>
> I also saw this bug but a "yum upgrade" fixed it.
>
> Best regards,
> Zoltán Böszörményi

                    Unfortunately I updated this morning again and still
                    have the problem.  Not sure if it's related to xfce
                    but I believe it was doing it initially with Gnome
                    also?  It's a nuisance because I have to click to
                    bring up a copy/paste menu and work with that
                    cumbersom method!

Thanks for the response, at least I know I'm not alone.

                    Bob Goodwin
Not seeing and have not seen the problem here. I get the digest form of the list so I used x-paste for the author line and the subject to format this reply. This is on my desktop (Gnome, nv video, "normal" mouse with scroll wheel). I also checked on my laptop (Gnome, radeon video, synaptics touch pad) and it works fine there too.

Are you starting gpm and is it still running? I vaguely remember that this is provided by the "text mouse." You might see if you can highlight and paste without X.

Cheers,
Dave

                   Without "X" I can simply highlight some text and
                   button-2 puts it on the command line, neither
                   shift-insert nor the middle button works for that?

                   Curiously I simply upgraded a couple of other
                   computers from FC5 to 6 and did not have that
                   problem but this is a "clean" install, I even did
                   away with a vestigial Windows 98 install and picked
                   up 2 gigs more Linux space.   Anyway that leads me
                   to believe that there's some application I haven't
                   installed?

                   It also has some strange printing problems but
                   that's another topic.

                   Tnx.

                   Bob Goodwin

--