Re: FreeNX on FC6 authentication problem

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 18:45 +0800, Art Fore wrote:
> I have used FreeNX before on Suse with no problem, but with FCi6, I
> cannot get it to authenticate. I followed the instructions at
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/ssh/, but I still get
> that the client closed session with signal 15 and unauthorized user
> nx. Also on the client machine, (WinXP) I get Authenticating user nx,
> then authentication failed. Why should it be trying to authenticate
> user nx and not my user name? Searched config files for something, but
> found nothing.
----
because when you install freenx on server system, an nx user is
automatically created and a key for that nx user is created
in /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.pub which is the key that needs to be
copied to clients and used in clients.

The startup of nxclient first does an ssh connection as user nx using
the key (no password) and after the user nx is connected, then the
actual user connects via the already established ssh connection and the
users login/password.

It sounds as if you don't have the nx server properly installed.

Craig