Re: Nvidia installer does uninstall previous kernel driver ?

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 17:45 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > This causes me a lot of grief.
> >
> Your grief with this is self inflicted.
>
> Using the nvidia installer with the test kernels has this affect.
> If you were sticking with the updates repo instead of updates-testing
> then you could use the livna built nvidia drivers and avoid the
> *self-inflicted* grief.

Well, Jeff, as part of my WORK at the moment, I need to test a few
things on pre release kernels !  So, while I could stick to release
kernels, it would probably cost me more than fooling around with the
NVIDIA installer.

Get the picture ?  While YOU may have the luxury of using only the
release kernels, I need to test some of the latest and greatest stuff,
so I am using pre release kernels.  Its not that I want to, its what I
MUST do !

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.