Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Nov 9 Kim Lux did spake thusly:

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 22:40 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
Pissing people off seems to be one of Kim's few talents.
well said... :)

I'm just the messenger, people.  There are millions of people that think
Linux is crap because its the domain of nerds.   And when you kick
someone who has complaints about usability or functionality you are just
proving them right and preventing the adoption of ideas for making it
better.

It's not about that. Did you complain about the usability of fedora? No. You RANTED about Nvidia on a forum that has nothing to do with them. And then ignored all the suggestions given to you.

I wonder how many people have installed Linux, figured out they needed a
built driver and stopped using Linux because of that.  Or better yet,
came onto a Linux forum and got insulted by a linux know it all.

No idea. Me? I just ran yum upgrade and got a shiny new kernel *and* a shiny new kmod-nvidia...so I'm happy. Guess you'll read this in a few days after you've recompiled your driver from scratch... =P

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
		-- Oscar Wilde