Re: Odd Filesystem Issue

Frank Tanner III wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with, after a random interval, the file
system going Read Only and having to reboot to resolve the issue?

I'm on a fresh install of FC6 using the "factory" non-Xen kernel.  EXT-3
is the file system

I've searched on Google and haven't seen anyone posting anything about
this, but I figured that I would check the list.

Any assistance that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I've had several times where the filesystem would go read-only during a transaction or just when the computer is left on for awhile. My problem happened back with FC5 also and only to the LVM for /. The traditional partitions don't seem to have the read-only failures.

In windows, I see a raw data drive for the LVM for / on the installation that sometimes goes to read-only. An 'fsck -y -c /dev/hda5vol/LogVol00' usually finds illegal inode entries and corrects the errors whenever it happens. I don't know if visibility in windows has anything to do with the problem, but what windows sees, it usually troubles in some way.

Are you using an LVM setup or did you partition with regular partitions?

Jim

--
As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?