FC6

I finally got a chance to install FC6 on my home pc (after an install on a
laptop and a pc at work), and I did a much more thorough installation at
home.

I have to say, this looks like one of the best and most complete FC's so
far. I liked a lot the fact that I could add livna during the
installation, so all ffmpeg-based multimedia, mp3 stuff and other eye
candy and certain tools and libraries that I need were ready to go upon the
first boot.

On my onboard intel graphics chip, compiz was straightforward (unlike the
other two nvidia machines, which had to wait for the latest 9629 nvidia
driver). That's outstanding.

Some comments and quirks though.

I use the mouse very little, doing just about everything from the
keyboard. In metacity I have shortcuts for opening various
programs (particularly a shell, a browser and pan). Compiz does not
remember my shortcuts for the shell and for pan. There are no entries for
them under System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts. Does anybody know how
to set them? I did look in gconf-editor under
apps->metacity->global-keybindings, etc. and the one for pan is there, but
not working under compiz.

During installation, if I wanted to configure the ethernet card with a
static IP address, if IPv6 support is checked, I have to enter an IPv6
address. I know nothing about IPv6 addresses. What should I enter there?
This is not an FC bug, it's my own ignorance. I got around it by disabling
IPv6 support for eth0.

What is the fetish about making it as hard as possible to use a shell in
FC? Not only is it not in the keyboard shortcuts menu, but even to add a
launcher to it, or open it from the menu takes some searching. To me, the
shell is the nexus of the universe, and I assume for other people too, so
it should be readily available, or easy to be made available by those who
wish to do so. Yeah, I'm talking about gnome.

Would it be possible to unselect every SELinux package at install time, so
I don't have to worry about it at all? If I set SELinux on disabled, it
reboots, relabels the file system, etc. but I keep getting policy updates
via yum, even though SELinux is disabled. I am going to uninstall all
selinux rpms that I can find, but could this be an option during the
install?

Window fading in compiz is super cool and useful.