Using Gnomeradio ??

Hi All;

I need some pointers

Most TV tuner cards have FM.  Am using ATI TV Wonder VE Tv Tuner and
Video Capture card connected to my cable system.  My documents say it
has FM reception for Europe -- but I have been told that this is old
documentation and that the FM works in Canada.  My TV tuner is set to
'Line' for its sound.  When I turn gnomeradio on, it picks up the TV
sound whether the TV is turned on or not.

What I have read says that as long as I have v412. which is in
/usr/lib/pwlib/devices/videoinput/v4l2_pwplugin.so Gnomeradio should
work.  Gnomeradio setup instructions call for /dev/radio, but no such
device exists in my /dev directory.

I have tried using /dev/video0.  It gives me very scratchy and slightly
audible FM radio stations when I scan.  The scanner does not stop on the
stations -- apparently because the reception is so indistinct.

Do I have to add something?  Am I missing some hardware or a driver?
Has late night stupidity taken over?  Do I need /dev/radio?  Is it
necessary to somehow combine a radio aerial with the cable-in coaxial
cable?

I am quite confused.

Tried the gnome mailing list. but got no answers.

--
Regards Bill