Re: MIDI

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 16:27 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I might add, to put the weight of the iron in the system into perspective,
> that I have done some quite adequate midi work, on a trs-80 color
> computer running os9, driving both a hardware rs-232 port and a serial
> bit banger, splitting the voices between them to overcome the limited
> polyphony of my cheap keyboards.  This mind you was on a machine whose
> basic cpu clock speed is 0.889 mhz.  No, thats NOT a typo...

I'm not overly-surprised that it's possible.  Consider the numerous
stand-alone, non-computer, devices that act as MIDI composers, etc.
They will have some sort of processor, and it won't be a multi-MegaHertz
one.  It's more a case of what else is it doing at the same time.

I read messages from the public lists.