Re: Format and write to a DVD-RW

Kristoffel wrote:
Hi,

I can not write to a RW/DVD (device HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B). NOT to a DVD-R and NOT to a DVD-RW
I have no problem when I write to a CD-R or CD-RW with the same device.

I have tried it with tools as xcdroast and k3b. Both utilities recognize my dvd device.
Why this is not working???
Since I hadn't made a DVD since installing fc6, I just tried with my
# cat /proc/ide/hdc/model
SONY DVD RW DRU-510A

This erased, wrote and verified the DVD-RW {TDK DVD-RW For Data/Video made in Taiwan} without problems. Which fedora are you using ?

Is the drive new ? {could you test it in another machine / test a liveCD distro to ensure the drive isn't faulty}

What brands are the discs you are using ? {could you try a different brand, have you used the particular media before ?}

That's all I can think of at the moment.

DaveT.