Re: strange messages to root, possibly SA related?

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 19:30 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> My logs now contain megabytes of selinux spew. I've disabled it for the
> time being, and have forgotten how one goes about having it regenerate
> its 'this is ok' list, can someone refresh me on that?
>
> Also, I'm getting quite a few mystery emails a day that have virtually no
> header at all, and contain just one line:
>
> Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (13 message(s) examined)
>
> Is this something that spamassassin is doing by default now?  If so, can
> it be shut off?
>
> I'm also using fetchmail -> procmail as the mail sucking agent.  I brought
> those configs over from the FC2 install, where this didn't occur that I'm
> aware of.
----
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux

If your interest in understanding SELinux is merely to silence it, then
just shut it off and leave it off.

I'm not sure if this will help you but it might (i.e. leave selinux in
permissive state)...if you install the 'audit' package, I believe that
it diverts the 'spew' as you call it from syslog
to /var/log/audit/audit.log

Craig