Re: Remove update queue

Norm wrote:
How does one remove the update queue in fc6
I used the update software process and tried to update some applications. This time it told me that it needed libetpan so it could update some applications. In the past it I removed the "trouble applications from the queue and found the dependency and installed it all worked well. This time when I try to install the dependency I am told I can not install it until I install l the very dep I am trying to install because the dep is need to install other applications. At a guess I should be able to get things under control if I can flush the queue. Any suggestions as to how I can get past this circular logic loop?
If you mean pup {Software Updater}, it uses yum as it's backend. As root user in a terminal you can
# yum clean metadata
and try again if no go:
# yum clean all

If that was no help, can you reference the actual package names you are trying to get updated ?

DaveT.