Re: Fedora or Firefox problem?

On Friday 10 November 2006 4:14 pm, Beartooth wrote:

> Hmmmm .... Do you mean there's a way to get to them through the GUI as
> root? Short of logging in as root?? Or do you do that??

No, you have to log in as "root" and then open up Firefox. It's not a real
safety issue because the default home page is a local html file.

> Never having quite understoud what del.icio.us was nor how it worked, I
> don't *think* I've ever touched it -- and should therefore be safe. Is
> there a way to check?

Just don't install the plugin. :-) del.icio.us is a nifty "community" site
where you can either back up your favorites (for access from multiple
machines) and/or share your favorites, among other things. :-)

I've got an account with them (free) but I prefer to keep my bookmarks local.
I'll back 'em up to del.ico.us, but I wanna keep 'em on my local hard
drive. :-)
	John