Re: How to format a pen drive?

John Wendel wrote:

I've never used it, but there is a filesystem made specially for flash devices, JFFS2. It's available in the standard kernel. Google has more details.

JFFS2 is used for Memory technology devices mainly. We have embedded systems that use JFFS2 for the rwflashes. (Execute in place capable devices) For the devices however that are NAND (or emulate regular hard disks), JFFS2 does not really do much good. I played around once with a CF card and did not get very far. It was fun however. I did send questions to the CF card developers and to my understanding the wear leveling is performed by algorithms for the controller and are not dependent upon the filesystem type, FAT does not have wear leveling to my knowledge, so it makes a bit of sense.

Jim

Regards,

John

--
When all else fails, read the instructions.