Re: cant use floppy

--- Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 09 November 2006 19:50, charles f.
> zeitler wrote:
> > --- François Patte
> >
> > <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Your floppy has its write protection on?
> > >
> > > --
> > > François Patte
> > > UFR de mathématiques et informatique
> > > Université René Descartes
> > > http://www.math-info.univ-paris5.fr/~patte
> >
> > i tried it w/ the slide in both positions.
> > apparently, its the _drive_ that's write
> > protected.
> >
> > charles f zeitler
>
> Out of interest what does /dev/fd0 show as
> permissions? I've just looked on
> FC5, and permissions shows, Owner can read and
> write, Group can read and
> write, and Others forbidden. Ownership is "User" my
> user name, and "Group"
> Floppy.
>
> Which FC version are you using?
>
> Nigel.

on fedora core 6, permissions on my /dev/fd0 are as
you have on fc 5.

ls -Z on /dev/fd0 gives:
brw-rw----  fedora floppy
system_u:object_r:removable_device_t

charles f zeitler

:                  Do  What Thou  Wilt                     :

:                       Shall  Be                          :

:                The  Whole  of The  Law                   :