Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux writes:

the package name is "kmod-nvidia".  BTW: I consider it a complete
failure that I have to boot Windows to get my Linux box running !

I agree.  And the fault for that is nobody else's, except yours'.

Nobody forced you to install non-free binary blob crap from Nvidia. As the saying goes: you break it, you get to pick up the pieces.

The Fedora community has no obligation to expend any effort to accomodate proprietary non-free software. It's not their job to integrate non-free software into Fedora. Nobody at the Fedora project have their salary paid by Nvidia, and nobody owes them anything.

Its funny, we have people in the Linux community debating about whether
Linux is ready for the desktop for the average user.  With this sort of
issue still alive and well in Linux, the answer to that question is
absolutely NO !

I disagree. My Linux desktop works just fine. My wife has no issues whatsoever using my laptop when I'm at work, reading news in her native language, swapping E-mail with her family halfways accross the world, browsing local real-estate listings (just a hobby), and charging all kinds of crap on my credit card.

In summary, I am totally frustrated with Nvidia with this driver
situation.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Go bitch to Nvidia.

           I will never, ever buy a piece of Nvidia hardware again
unless this situation is rectified.

I think that's a very wise decision.

                                     I'd replace the Nvidia video driver
I have but its built into the laptop that I otherwise love.

Next time you are in the market for a laptop, I'm sure you'll do your homework first, and avoid making the same mistake.

Good luck.