Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

> And apparently you couldn't read, as the NVIDIA driver has *ALWAYS*
> needed to be (re)installed when changing kernels, and this was always
> documented in the driver README.

I've nothing against the standard nvidia installer, it works fine, but this is
one reason why I have switch the livna rpm, and why I now recommend that over
the installer. This knows more about FC than the distro-neutral installer
even can, and installs some init stuff to insert the nvidia driver+libs
during boot. This means you can have multiple kernels all using the nvidia
driver without having to reinstall when switching between them. You can even
have some kernels running the nvidia driver and some running the nv one, if
you want.

Another benefit is the yum kmod plugin. If you install this then whenever a
new kernel is released your system will not be updated until all the various
kmod rpms are available.

Chris