Re: apache-2.2 custom error/include

Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

Has anybody successfully used the custom error pages feature of the new apache webserver?

I spent about eight hours looking for docs, etc. but, ultimately, success boiled down to experiment. Sorry if this is considered OT but many of us will be running webservers on our fc6 boxen, and if this is in any way related to an fc6 package it should be written down somewhere.

I haven't figured out how to have a private copy of the Error Document templates, but this does allow having customized top, spacer, and bottom parts of the error web pages.

For this example:

  NameVirtualHosts live at /var/www/sites.

  example.com lives at /var/www/sites/example.com and its web docs are
  beneath /var/www/sites/example.com/www.

  copy the error/includes into our webspace:
  cp -a /var/www/error/include /var/www/sites/example.com/www/error

  and here's the relevant section of its httpd.conf:
  <VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName www.example.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/example.com/www
=>   Alias /error/include/ /var/www/sites/example.com/www/error/include/
=>   <Location /error/include/>
=>      Options +Includes
=>      AddType text/html .html
=>      AddHandler server-parsed .html
=>   </Location>
  </VirtualHost>

Hope this saves somebody else some time.