Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thursday 09 November 2006 20:44, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:

> Let's be realistic here, Linux for the masses (of mums) is just a plain
> silly concept at the moment. We have a secretary who thinks she has a
> black box and a telly in-lieu of a PC so, yeah right!, I will put Linux
> on her box and let her drive it....

On the contrary.  For those people there is no problem at all with linux.  You
simply install for them a browser, mail client, office suite and maybe a few
simple games, and it stays like that forever.  They won't ever do an update -
they wouldn't have done in windows, either - so the problems never arise.

I speak from experience.  That's how my husband's FC4 box is set up and he
sees no reason to upgrade at all!

Anne