Re: what is cdrecord doing?

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Jeff Vian wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 12:07 -0600, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > I used cdrecord to burn a DVD.
> > It seems to have worked, but the output confuses me.
> > The last line is:
> > Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 399360/614400 (300 sectors).
> >
> That would be almost 700mb, which is the typical max size for a CD.  You
> are after all using cdrecord which is designed with CDs in mind.

The iso file was much smaller than that.
It seems to me that I read somewhere that that is
also the minimum amount of data one can put on a DVD.
Is that correct?

> Why not use growisofs (cli) or use k3b (gui) to burn the dvd.  Both are
> designed for that.

I suppose I could, but that wouldn't answer my question:
what is going on?

--
Mike   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"it stands to reason that they weren't always called the ancients."