Re: Problems with nv driver

On 11/09/2006 04:26 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
>> This works.  Thanks.  GoogleEarth is again usable (though not blazingly
>> fast) with the nv driver.  I might also try this with the nVidia driver
>> (since GLX was disabled because of the presence of Composite and
>> GoogleEarth complained about the lack of GLX).
>
> If you seriously need GoogleEarth (or any 3D functionality) I strongly
> recommend trying the nvidia driver (but don't install the official one, I use
> the livna rpms which have some additional nice features, such as being much
> easier to remove, and you are also if you want able to have one kernel with
> nv, another with nvidia).

I have tried the nVidia driver (freshrpms version) and also various
other versions using the freshrpms source rpm as a basis for my own rpm.
 As I have explained in this thread, these drivers don't work for me for
various reasons.  However, there is still something that I can (and
will) try (using the 7184 version with the composite extension disabled).

--
Sjoerd Mullender