Re: Using cdrdao to make several copies of the same CD

On 11/8/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am using the command
> >
> > cdrdao copy --eject --device /dev/dvd
> >
> > to duplicate a CD. Is it possible to use cdrdao to copy several
> > copies of the same CD without having to insert the original CD as
> > many times as the desired number of copies?
>
> You can probably do this more than one way.  I'd use cdrdao read-cd to
> read the cd and create an image.  Then use cdrdao write to write that
> image to as many disks as I wanted before deleting the image and toc
> files.

Thanks, Todd. I am trying the command

cdrdao read-cd --device /dev/dvd

but getting this

$ cdrdao read-cd --device /dev/dvd
ERROR: Missing toc-file.

Any ideas?

My fault: cdrdao needs a name for the toc file; it does not need a toc
file but only a filename to write it.

Paul