Re: First selinux problem, help!

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

If you log in directly as root, you should get the correct context, if you log in as a normal user and then execute su or sudo you will not.

I had no clue about that. I assumed (and wrongly obviously) that root, no matter how you got there would get the correct context. Will su - or sudo su - give you the correct context?

semanage login -l

Will list your login records

semanage login -m

will modify

semanage login -a

will add

If you do not have a login record for a particular user, they will default to __default__

Thanks for all the info.  I'll be keeping this for reference.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator