Re: Webcam choice

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 22:05 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 05 November 2006 19:53, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Logitech seems to be working with Linux, from what I've been
> reading.
>
> > Mine worked great until recently as the module refuses to
> make. :( Ric
>

> This old one is a Philips, identified as a 740. lsmod confirms that
> pwc is loaded. I can't use it like this, so I'll have to see what I
> can do about getting another. I had wanted to avoid usb 1.1 webcams,
> thinking that a usb2 one would be better, but I can't find any
> compatibility reports for any of the ones I've found.

Anne, which driver are you using? Mine worked like a bloomin' charm
until yum upgraded the kernel and things went wonky. Now I'm finding a
problem with my glibc install that has me baffled. Might be why I can't
roll that module.

But, I used gspca from:

http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

Worked right the first time. You might want to try that one. It claims
to be the Swedish Survival Knife of webcam modules. All my camera
applications recognized and acknowledged the module it built. My webcam
was claimed to be not supported at all, and this enabled it. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net