FC-6: four small whinges

I just installed FC-6 on a ThinkPad T23 from CDs.
All went well, but I have four small complaints:

1. After putting in a new disk and pressing OK,
the message to put in a new disk remains on the screen for a minute or so.
I think there should be a more or less immediate response
on clicking an OK box.

2. The estimates of remaining time seem worse than ever.
Just before putting in CD#2 it said the remaining time was 35 minutes.
After putting in the CD this rose to 120 minutes,
and a couple of minutes later this became 505 minutes!
(In fact it took about 40 minutes.)

Actually, I get quite an accurate estimate if I measure
how far the "slide indicator" has gone across the screen,
so anaconda must actually have a much better idea of the remaining time
than it displays.

3. Bitter experience has taught me that it is much better
to use one's own partitioning scheme, whether using LVM or not,
before installation.
(I use knoppix for this.)
It seems to me quite easy to miss the pull-down menu
where one is given the (slightly misleading) option "Custom layout".
I would suggest that there should be a simple choice
"Use current partitioning", appearing without any pull-down menu.

4. I use KDE.
I would have thought there should be a simple choice offered:
KDE or Gnome.
In fact the choice seems to be (deliberately?) hidden.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366